Il Master in Management Culturale di Rome Business School’s Master in Arts & Culture Management was designed and developed keeping in mind the needs of the ones approaching for the first time to the business of Arts & Culture as well as of the professional figures which already have a first wealth of experience in this field; this exclusive programme features the multicultural environment typical of Rome Business School, providing the attendee with a thorough knowledge and crucial skills to start and consolidate a career in the Arts & Culture industry.
- International internships at leading companies and organizations
- Tutoring: assistance of a tutor for both On Campus and Online courses
- Learning materials: extensive documentation useful for the student’s training (books, slides, notes, study cases and more)
- Registration to the Rome Business School Alumni Association: the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences, and projects, which also gives access to price reductions for further training courses.
⇒ 6 months of lectures
⇒ 6 months dedicated to international internships and project work
⇒ Visits at international companies and organizations
⇒ Integrative cultural programme
⇒ Seminars and events
Programme of the Master in Arts & Culture Management
Managing Arts and Culture in the Global Era
- Being acquainted with the intersection of cultural management with other areas of political, economic and social concern and understand their forms of expression
- Comprehending the characteristics and trends of the arts and culture markets and the role played by the contemporary cultural managers
Marketing and Communications for Arts and Culture
- Providing a complete picture of the contemporary approaches to the field
- Supplying the core knowledge and skills necessary to be an effective marketer in the arts and culture industries
- Providing an understanding of the similarities and differences in marketing arts and culture vs. more traditional applications, from strategy to implementation tactics
- Providing a framework for effective marketing and sales planning and strategy in the arts and culture environment
- Thoroughly covering the tactical side of marketing, including the effective implementation of marketing tools (focusing on the web and social media) and strategies
Creation of cultural and creative companies
- Finding the “napkin” idea and turning it into a value proposition
- Laying out the business model canvas
- Defining the cost structure
- Finding key resources, key activities and partners
This module is designed in order to help students to acquire a comprehensive view of the planning tool par excellence, the business plan, through a guided demonstration of its composition, contents and numerous purposes, which make this tool profitably utilisable both in the life of a company and in the creation of a start-up. The module answers such questions as:
- What structure and what content must a business plan have?
- How are the organizational and business plan structured?
- How must a project budget be structured?
- What information are the investors interested in?
Art Galleries Management
- Learning how to manage an art gallery
- Understanding the role and main attributions of the art gallery manager
- Comprehending how to manage a cultural event, within an art gallery, starting from the concept
Publishing industry management
- Comprehending general concepts, organizational aspects and business models
- Learning how to move from paper to webzine, from webzine to social, from social to paper
- Understanding how to make journalism behind social
Performing arts management
- Understanding the economic context of the performing arts: the marketplace, the economic impact of artistic programming, the production process
- Discovering new models of decision-making in the performing arts ecosystem
- Understanding how to build and develop an international career in the performing arts management
Music Production & Artist Management
- Learning about the music industry and its historic evolution
- Understanding the new business patterns and concepts
- Producing innovative, value-based strategic plans to increase the chances of success for the artists with whom you work
- Developing competencies in order to present concrete strategies to your artists to help accelerate their evolution
Theatre and Show business management
- Understanding the structure of the contemporary theatre and show business environment
- Comprehending the structure and governance of a theatre
- Learning about best ticketing policies and marketing strategies
- Learning about best management practices
- Gaining knowledge about the museum organization management
- Understanding the role and attributions of the museum manager
- Studying the evolution of the curatorial profession, within a museum
- Learning about the role of museums in public education
Web Series Management
- Understanding the web marketing world: internet videos, web series, viral video
- Defining and identify the language and the peculiarities of the web medium
- Analyzing the web growing opportunities in communication and commercial terms
- Understanding the structure and management linked to the implementation of a series for the web through emblematic case studies
Cultural Event Management
- Comprehending the importance of event project management in the international events industry
- Understanding the organizational issues that must be taken into consideration when managing event projects
- Developing capacities to explain the processes related to effective event project management throughout the event cycle
- Demonstrating an understanding of relevant event management theory and how it can be usefully applied to organizations
Filming & Fiction Industry
- Understanding the production and the steps of the making of a film production
- Understanding post production
- Some practical aspects and challenges of the film industry from the initial concept to distribution
- Overview of modern distribution for indipendent productions
Fundraising and Crowdfunding in the Arts
- Understanding and apply fundraising principles to the process of planning
- Acquiring the knowledge of fundraising and sponsorship to support the financial goals of an arts organization
- Developing action plans to improve fundraising strategies and policy development and/or implementation
The Online Art Marketing and New Business Opportunities
- Understanding general concepts such as: organizational aspects and business models
- Learning about new perspectives over the online art marketing
The courses for Rome Business School’s Master in Arts & Culture Management are held by highly selected international university professors, trainers and business managers, drawn from a variety of operational and professional fields, from organization and fundraising in the arts industry to marketing applied to this sector. The teaching approach is aimed at the acquisition of know-how, in order to transfer truly useful competencies for the attendees’ professional development.
Alcuni dei nostri docenti
Bachelor in philosophy 2002, Turin University
Ph.D. in “Organization and Fundraising for companies that operate in the Cultural Sector,” Fundraising School- Bologna University, 2003; he was Senior Advisor for Development for several initiatives dealing with the arts and culture industry, such as the MAXXI Museum of Contemporary Art and Architecture.
Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts in Cinema Studies at the University of Bologna; Film making at the New York Film Academy, where he held the position of Directing and Writing Instructor for US ed EU programmes; authr of celebrated short movies such as ‘The Nurse’ and ‘The Birdman, of the documentary ‘Soundlabs’ People’ for MTV and winner of several awards; among them: the Audience Award at the Italian American Actors Guild of NYC and an honorable mention at the Williamsburg International Film Festival.
Graduated in Literature at the University of Rome La Sapienza; graduated in Screenwriting at the National Italian Film School; author of many writings published on catalogues and international newspapers; he cured several exhibitions and artistics expositions, such as CoBrA. A Great European Avantgarde the first large retrospective of André Masson in Asia in 2015.
14 years of Experience in Arts and Culture Management , with working experience in Teatro Dell’Opera di Roma, Teatro Olimpico (Rome), Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia. Currently Founder and Executive Director of the company Sole’Art Management (Italy) and Co Founder and CEO of the company UNDIVIDED (Romania).
Rome Business School supports its students even beyond the academic environment, providing them woith guidance and assistance in developing a strong professional profile which reflects the most sought competences in the current job market. In particular, the school offers the following services to the enrolled students:
- Support in the management of job interviews
- Free review and inclusion of the student’s CV in the Rome Business School’s database, and its distribution to businesses, organizations and head hunters belonging to the school’s international network;
- Networking meetings with international managers, professionals and business owners
- A personalized search and flagging service for the best job opportunities in Italy and abroad
At the end of the Master, 96% of the students obtained an internship in internationally renowned companies, such as:
Admission process and graduation
The admission process is aimed to verify the candidate’s eligibility to attend the Master. The candidate’s academic history, previous experiences in the topics covered in the Master and motivation will be matters of the evaluation.
Once it’s sent, the application will be evaluated by Rome Business School’s academic committee. In order to ensure the application’s suitability, it is important to deliver all of the required documentation.
Students who successfully complete the programme will receive a double certification: Rome Business School’s diploma and an official certification by Universidad Internacional de Valencia (VIU), which provides 60 internationally recognized credits (60 ECTS).
Scholarships and Tuition
According to the individual profile, experience, and proved motivation, the candidate can be awarded a scholarship covering part of the overall tuition fee (up to 20%). The eligibility for a possible scholarship will be decided by Rome Business School’s academic committee during the evaluation of the candidate’s application.
Scholarships are available for all of the didactic formulas.
The tuition fee can be paid:
- in installments
- in a single solution (this option grants the student a 10% discount on the overall amount of the tuition fee)